Steve Kilbane's Report
What do I remember about Redemption?
- Walking in through the main doors on Friday at noon, thinking, "We're
- Setting up the PA for the bar quiz:
"Know anything about tech?"
"Can you set up a PA?"
"Fine. Can you lift one?"
- Coming back into the Rocky Horror disco, to see half the con following
Jason during Bohemian Rhapsody.
- The b5 bloopers tape: "CnC - this is Sinclair", and a clockwork
- Being very nervous at the start of the cabaret - trying to rehearse
the chords, and being hassled by a Klingon who wanted to borrow the
- Rehearsing in our room with Jenni and Fifi, and thinking "We can do
- Watching Chris and Rachel jamming during the cabaret rehearsal, and
thinking "Why are we doing this?"
- Putting on the Sandman makeup. Oh, yeah, I remember that. I wake up
_sweating_ about it, in fact.
- Sheelagh: being nice to a possibly illegal degree.
- "Peril sensitive hair".
- Londo. In costume. And in character. Permanently.
- Dancing to "Sweet Transvestite" with k.
- The sound of my heels in a silent hall, while taking the stage for the
Seeing a _very_ blonde-haired person going into the main hall, and
thinking, "Bet that's Robert."
- Steve Rogerson in Klingon outfit, recognisable by the tribble impaled
on his large, um, weapon.
- Jem's Henry V.
The Space City party (and the geeky upmanship - upnerdship? - with
Richard and Robert. Robert won. :-> )
- Judith producing three filk verses to "House of the Rising Sun" in ten
minutes, from a standing start.
- Having *no* idea when I'd last eaten, or whether I should be hungry.
- Being at least slightly squiffy, for 60 straight hours.
- Being *hugely* thankful I'd brought the Enter Sandman music for the
hustings; music meant I was first on, which meant I was last to answer
any of the questions, which meant I had a chance to think of something
Having *no* idea who people were voting for (with the shades, boots,
long coat and bright lights, it's a miracle I didn't trip and fall off
- Una's enunciation of _penetrating_.
- A cigar labelled "Vere".
- Tom and Louise discovering that the last two quiz posters were in the
- Playing along to Tom's Time Warp filk on Sunday night.
- Judith's Children of Auron.
- Jane Killick's experiences of dealing with, um, "personalities", from
- Knowing _nothing_ in the bar quiz.
- Desperately trying to think of an opening platform for the opening
- And the same again, for the hustings.
- Having a good ol' whinge in Una's panel.
Plus, of course, not wanting it to end. It was great, all of it.
Back to the other Redemption Reports
Back to Conventions Index
Back to Blake's 7 Index